Monday, October 26, 2009

Who is The Postmistress?

This is a good question to ask as part of a book club. "The Postmistress" by Sarah Blake,  is a book about the lives of residents of a small town on Cape Cod, and a reporter in London during WWII. As part of BN's First Look i got a first look at The Postmistress. When I received the book, I was extremely taken by the lovely cover, and I could hardly wait to dig in, but I did. When I did, I found the book difficult to get into. The early chapters had the characters jumping from one to another, seemingly without any transition. I didn't connect with any of the characters. But the story did keep me interested, it just wasn't a 'I can't put this down' book for me. I felt I was missing something as many others were thrilled with it. I finished the book easily enough, but it just wasn't what I was expecting. I think the description led me to believe that it was going to be more than it was. Overall, I didn't love the book, but I didn't hate it either.

No comments: